Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in OpenOffice, Microsoft Word, RTF, or WordPerfect document file format.
- Where available, URLs for the references have been provided.
- The text is double-spaced; uses a 12-point font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines, which is found in About the Journal.
- If submitting to a peer-reviewed section of the journal, the instructions in Ensuring a Blind Review have been followed.
Empirical ManuscriptsData-based, quantitative or qualitative manuscripts are welcome.
Synthesis ManuscriptsThese are designed to consolidate knowledge in a particular research area. A thorough literature search and selection process should be carefully documented and justified. These manuscripts lead to a new understanding of existing knowledge and may include development of proposed frameworks or models to guide further research.
CommentariesCommunications in the form of research notes on published papers or viewpoints from readers on contemporary issues. These may also present methodological commentaries and work-in-process for constructive feedback from peers.
Manuscripts published in the journal are open access and copyrighted according to the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0) which requires attribution to the author, but can be readily shared and adapted. BioProducts Business allows the author(s) to retain publishing rights without restrictions.